Minimally Invasive Surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS)- both laparoscopic and robotic assisted-is an approach to surgery that enables doctors to operate without having to make large incisions. Patients experience less pain and blood loss, with fewer complications and faster recovery. The doctors at Physicians & Surgeons recognized MIS as an option for patients long before the trend, and we have the most experience.
Many patients are surprised to find out they do not have to travel great distances for Advanced Laparoscopic Procedures, including:
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (Including Robotic and Single Port)
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Surgery (Including Ovarian Conservation)
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Endometriosis
- Robotic Laparoscopic Myomectomy (removal of fibroids)
- Robotic Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy (vaginal vault suspension)
- Robotic Laparoscopic Tubal Reconstruction (tubal reversal)
- Hysteroscopy Procedures
- Pelvic Reconstructive Procedures
Although many OB/GYN physicians perform laparoscopic surgery, experience levels differ greatly. Research shows a direct correlation of experience to patient outcomes. Our background in MIS is driven by a philosophy of avoiding difficult recoveries for our patients.